Laksa paste is the main ingredient in all traditional Laksa recipes. To make a delicious bowl of Laksa it is key that the laksa paste is made correctly. There are several variations of laksa paste, among the most popular recipes are those that add curry. Below you will find an authentic Singapore curry laksa recipe.
Time to prepare: 20 minutes
Laksa Paste Ingredients
• 3 dried red Anaheim chilies
• 3 teaspoons of curry powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon ginger powder
• 3 whole cloves of garlic, crushed
• 5 fresh hot peppers of your choice
• ¼ cup olive oil
To Make the Paste
1) In a saucepan, boil the peppers for five minutes to make them tender and moist
2) Strain the peppers and place them into a food processor
3) Add the garlic cloves, olive oil and hot peppers to the processor as well.
4) Blend until a paste with even consistency forms. You may need to stop the processor several times to scrape the paste from the sides of the processor.
5) Add the curry powder, ground cumin, and ginger powder. Run the processor until all the spices are mixed evenly into the paste. The paste can be stored in the freezer for up to one year.